Employment law can be a complex and daunting area to navigate, both for businesses and individuals. Whether you’re an employer looking to safeguard your company, or an individual protecting your rights, it’s crucial to understand when it is time to seek the expert advice of an employment law specialist, such as a member of our Employment Law team at Tonkin Drysdale Partners.
For businesses and commercial organisations
- Contract drafting: Ensure you employment contracts are legally sound with the guidance of an employment lawyer, protecting both your organisation and employees.
- Recruitment and termination of staff: When you are hiring new staff, or dealing with a situation in which you must fire an employee, it’s essential that your business goes through legally compliant processes to avoid unfair dismissal claims or any other complications arising from termination of employment.
- Resolving workplace disputes: Engaging an employment lawyer to provide advice on workplace conflict will ensure you are supported to manage the situation effectively, avoiding escalation, and saving time and money.
- Regulatory compliance: An experienced employment lawyer can help your organisation navigate this constantly evolving area, to safeguard your business against potential legal issues.
- Employment law training: Engaging the expertise of an employment lawyer to provide training to your organisation’s human resources team will ensure they have the knowledge and confidence to monitor and de-escalate potential legal situations.
For individual employees
- Workplace discrimination, bullying or harassment claims: If you believe you’ve been discriminated against in the workplace or are being bullied or harassed, an employment lawyer can advise you on your situation and legal rights, as well as support you through handling your case.
- Disputes about working conditions and compensation: An employment lawyer can support you to resolve a dispute with your employer in situations where you are receiving unfair compensation, such as underpayment for hours worked or other unfair working conditions.
- Unfair dismissal: Do you suspect you’ve been unfairly dismissed from your position? A legal professional can provide trusted advice and support.
- Negotiating employment contracts including redundancy: If you are negotiating complex contractual terms with an employer or the terms of your redundancy, engaging the advice of an experienced employment lawyer can provide you with confidence and assurance that your interests are being rightly represented.
Getting legal counsel when it comes to employment law matters will help to provide confidence in making decisions, as well as important legal representation in matters leading to court action. Employment legislation imposes strict time limits for most workplace claims, so it’s crucial for employers and employees to be well-informed about their rights and obligations.
Tonkin Drysdale Partners are the employment lawyers Central Coast residents and organisations have trusted since 1958. Our team of employment law experts includes Lee Pawlak, Dominic Tonkin and Kurtis Blanch. If you’re looking for expert advice, speak with our TDP team today.